CHOC HAZELNUT VANILLA CREAM TART
raw | vegan | refined sugar free
1 ½ cups (180g) pecans (preferably activated)
1 ½ cups (225g) activated buckinis (buckwheat groats)
1/3 cup (40g) cacao powder
8 medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
2 cups (300g) raw cashews (soaked 6 hours, rinsed & drained)
½ cup (125ml) hazelnut chocolate butter*
6 medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut cream
1 ½ tbsp mesquite powder
1 ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
¼ tsp natural hazelnut flavour** (optional)
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
½ cup (125ml) melted coconut oil
½ cup (75g) raw cashews (soaked 6 hours, rinsed & drained)
1 cup (250ml) coconut yoghurt
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut cream
2 tbsp light agave syrup (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla bean powder
½ cup (55g) hazelnuts (preferably activated)
1 block (about 80g) raw hazelnut mylk chocolate
- To make base, pulse all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and mixture starts to stick together – don’t over process as you want a little texture.
- Press mixture into a greased 27cm tart (flan) tin with a removable base. Use the back of a spoon to even out the mixture and press down firmly to pack tightly. Place base in freezer to set while you make the filling.
- To make hazelnut filling, process all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a food processor until completely smooth. This may take several minutes. Slowly add coconut oil, while food processor is running and process until well combined.
- Spread hazelnut filling over base and smooth the top with a spatula. Freeze for 1 hour until almost firm.
- To make vanilla filling, blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Slowly pour vanilla filling over hazelnut layer. Place tart in fridge for 3 hours (or overnight) until set. Store any left over vanilla filling in fridge and serve as a side cream with tart.
- When ready to serve take tart out of fridge, remove from tin and place on serving plate.
- To decorate tart, melt hazelnut mylk chocolate (retaining a few pieces for decoration). Roughly chop the chocolate pieces and hazelnuts. Drizzle the melted chocolate over tart and sprinkle with chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Store any left over tart in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Remove from fridge 20 minutes before eating to soften slightly and enhance flavours.
**We use Medicine Flower’s natural hazelnut flavour. It is an an organic, natural flavouring, with no additives, that gives a great flavour to raw desserts. We buy ours from Earth To Table or you can order online from Medicine Flower.