raw | vegan | refined sugar free
Vanilla Ice Cream
¾ cup (115g) cashews (soaked 6 hours, rinsed & drained)
400ml coconut milk
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp mesquite powder
Toffee Ice Cream
5 medjool dates, pitted (soaked 30mins in cold water & drained)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
½ tsp mesquite powder
¾ cup (75g) cacao powder
1/3 cup (80ml) melted coconut oil
1/3 cup (80ml) melted cacao butter
¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
¾ cup (150g) buckinis (activated buckwheat groats)
½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
1 tbsp black chia seeds
- Blend all vanilla ice cream ingredients together in a high-speed blender until completely smooth. Pour mixture into moulds filling about 2/3 of each mould. Place in freezer while you prepare toffee ice cream.
- Add toffee ice cream ingredients to remaining vanilla mixture and blend until completely smooth. Remove moulds from freezer and pour toffee mixture on top. Using a teaspoon lightly swirl toffee and vanilla ice creams together. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight or until set.
- Run moulds under warm water to help release them and remove popsicles. Place popsicles on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and return to freezer while you make the buckini crumbs.
- Mix all buckini crumbs ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside while you make the choc coating.
- Place cocoa in a medium heatproof bowl over a bowl of hot water. Add melted coconut oil and melted cocoa butter; mix until smooth and glossy. Add maple syrup; mix until well combined. Pour choc mixture into a small wide glass.
- Working one at a time, remove popsicle from freezer and quickly dip in chocolate. Gently shake off excess chocolate (you don’t want the chocolate coating too thick) and immediately sprinkle with buckini crumbs. Return to freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate has set.