BLUEBERRY LEMON CREAM SLICE
Makes: 14 slices
raw | vegan | refined sugar free
1 cup (140g) macadamias
¾ cup (90g) pecans (preferably activated)
½ cup (50g) desiccated coconut
5 medjool dates, pitted
¾ tsp mesquite powder
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
3 cups (450g) raw cashews (soaked 6 hours, rinsed & drained)
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut cream
2/3 cup (160ml) maple syrup (or ½ cup (125ml) light agave syrup)
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
1 ½ tbsp lemon zest
½ tsp of vanilla bean powder
2/3 cup (160ml) melted coconut oil
½ cup (60g) frozen blueberries (for layering inside slice)
1 cup (125g) frozen blueberries, defrosted (for blending in filling)
- Line a 28cm x 18cm baking tin (at least 3.5cm deep) with non-stick baking paper – extend paper above the sides, so you can pull slice out when it is set.
- To make base, process all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and mixture starts to stick together – don’t over process as you want a little texture.
- Press mixture evenly into base of the lined tin. Use a spatula to press down firmly – base should be compact, about 1cm thick. Refrigerate while you make lemon filling.
- To make lemon filling, blend cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla bean powder in food processor until well combined. Slowly add coconut oil while food processor is running and process until completely smooth. This may take several minutes.
- Spread two thirds of the lemon filling over base. Smooth the top with a spatula. Scatter with ½ cup (60g) frozen blueberries and press berries lightly into the filling. Freeze for 1 hour to firm up a little.
- Add defrosted blueberries to the remaining lemon filling in the food processor and process until completely combined.
- Remove slice from freezer. Spread blueberry filling over lemon filling and smooth the top with a spatula. Return to freezer for 4-5 hours (or refrigerate overnight) until set.
- Remove slice from tin and cut into 14 rectangle slices. Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer. Remove from fridge 5 minutes before eating, to soften slightly.